Old Maps  
     Map Index England Scotland Wales Interactive Maps Bookshop  
 
  Home
  England
  Scotland
  Wales
  Google Town Maps
  Bookshop
  Sitemap
 
 

Launceston

Launceston, situated in the valley of the River Kensey about twenty miles south west of Okehampton, was, until the early nineteenth century, capital of Cornwall and lay on the main route into Devon. Launceston, population a little over 5000, is now principally an agricultural market town with a regular weekly market. The town features some fine Georgian buildings. Also notable is the church of St Mary Magdalene, with its sixteenth century carvings. The map below shows the town of Launceston as it was around the middle of the twentieth century. Click on a selected area of the map below to see an enlargement.


 
Launceton town map

Map of Launceston

Old map of the town of Launceston circa 1950

 
Click on the map to enlarge
 

Map Key

Launceston Map

The maps on this website have been reproduced with the permission of Collins Bartholomew

 
 
 
Home ] Map Index ] England ] Scotland ] Wales ] Google Town Maps ] Sitemap ] Links ] Privacy ]
 

copyright 2007  www.oldemaps.co.uk